Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Battles and Anderson Families

*William Battell (This was my gr.-gr.-gr.-gr.-gr.-gr.-gr.-gr.-great grandfather)
Married: Margaret Dukes
Child:
*Mathew Battles (below)
*Mathew Battles the Immigrant From England
He came to America on the "Virginia" in 1647 to James City, Surry Co., Virginia. From the book Cavaliers & Pioneers, Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents & Grants, Vol. I., 1623-1666
"William Egberow, 500 acres, James City Co., Aug. 20, 1647, pg. 111, Patent Book 2. In Upper Chipoake Creek, next to land of William Rookins, deceased, and adjoining his own land...100 acres for the transportation of two persons: William Egberow and Mathew Battle.
(This was my gr.-gr.-gr.-gr.-gr.-gr.-gr.-great grandfather - see below)

*Mathew Battles, born in the early 1600's, in England, died late 1668/1669 in Surry Co., Virginia. He was a cooper by trade (carpenter & blacksmith)
Married: Anne (UNKNOWN)
Child:
*John Battles (below)

*John Battles, born July 1665 in Surry Co., Virginia, died 1728/1729 in Surry Co., VA. (my gr.-gr.-gr.-gr.-gr.-gr.-great grandfather)
Married July 1, 1684:
Margaret Sowersby. She died before 1728 in Surry Co. VA. Father was James Sowersby (born @ 1611) mother was Anne (UNKNOWN)
Child:
*John Battles (below)
*John Battles, born @ 1690 in Surry Co., Virginia, died by April 1774 in Edgecombe Co., N. C.
(my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather)
Married:
Mary Warden. She died on Sept. 18, 1754 in Surry Co., Virginia. Mary's mother was Amy Warden (?)
Child:
*John Battles (below)
*John Battles, born @ 1732 Tyrone Co., N. C., died Dec. 5, 1776, in Rutherford Co., N. C. (my great, great, great, great, great grandfather)
Married @ 1752 in N. C.:
*Sarah Capell, born @ 1734. Father was Thomas Capell, mother (unknown)
Child:
*William Battles (below)

*William Battles, born Jan. 2, 1757 in Tyrone Co., N. C., died by 1840 in Wayne Co., Tenn. (my great, great, great, great grandpa)
Married:
Mary "Polly" Moore, born 1768 in Rutherford Co., North Carolina. Mary Moore's father was Aaron Moore, He. was born 1735 in North Carolina. Her mother was Rachel Lawrence born @ 1737.
Child:
*William Battles (below)

*William Battles born @ 1804 in Tyrone Co., N. C., died in Wayne Co., TN 1885. (my great, great, great grandpa)
Married @ 1830:
Martha "Patsy" Tucker, born @ 1811, Tenn., died 1885 in Wayne Co., TN. Her father was Enock Tucker, born N. C. @ 1790.
Child:
*Elijah Battles (below)

*Elijah Battles born @1845, in Tennessee. (my great, great-grandpa)
Married:
Sarah A. Matthews, born @ 1850, Sarah's mother was Mary Jane (UNKNOWN) , born in KY @ 1814.
Child:
*William H. Battles (below)

*William H. Battles born about 1868, in Tenn. (my great-grandpa)
Married:
Mary "Mattie" Masalette Hatfield born @ 1866 in Kentucky. Her father was William Hatfield born @1835 in TN., & grandmother was Hetta (UNKNOWN), born @ 1820 in TN. Her Mother was Lucy (UNKNOWN), born @ 1834 in Virginia.
Child:
*James Calvin Battles (below)

My Grandfather was *James Calvin Battles.
He married Ina Bell Anderson, from Halliday, Craighead Co., Arkansas, Oct. 10, 1919.
My mother is Ida Lee Battles, she was born on June 6, 1927 in Black Oak, Craighead Co., Arkansas.

My Grandpa:* James Calvin Battles was born on Oct. 1891.
(1) 1st wife Dottie Campbell, no children.
(2) 2nd wife, my Grandmother, Ina Bell Anderson, born @1900/1901, died @1940.
(3) buried at Macey Cemetery, in Monette. No children.

Ina Bell Anderson's father: James Anderson, was born 1870.
Ina Bell Anderson's mother: Hattie Puckett born 1874/1877, in Arkansas.
Married in Green Co., Arkansas Sept. 4, 1892.

Hattie Puckett's father: Ezra W. D. Puckett, born @ 1832 Tenn. His father was from N. C.
Hattie Puckett's mother: Harett (UNKNOWN), born @ 1840 Kentucky.

My Mother, Ida Lee Battles, had 5 sisters and one brother.
(In order of birth):
Lucille Bell Battles, born
Neva Sue Battles, born
Margarette M., born
Ida Lee Battles (Mom), born June 6, 1927.
Clora June Battles
Helen Battles
James Battles

2 comments:

  1. Please email me at siue.electrician@yahoo.com
    Your Elijah was brother to Hartwell in my line. I would love to compare notes??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please contact me. My great great great great grandfather was George H. M. Walker from Wayne County, Tennessee his mother was Mary Moore. Father Unknown. He had a half brother named William Battle, my great great great grandfather was Osbon/Osborn/Osborne/Ashburn Walker, and my great great grandfather was William Alfred Walker. Born and raised Primitive Baptist as my family before me. I have a Wayne County history book that the genealogist there in Waynesboro, Tn sells. I would also like to compare notes. Please and Thank you

    ReplyDelete